London Bridge and the surrounding area remains open for business throughout the rebuilding of London Bridge station.
We’re committed to ensuring business continuity in London by providing you with comprehensive and timely information and advice – particularly in those areas most impacted.
How you can stay updated
We regularly send emails to businesses about station and service changes and any future business events. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the list.
London Bridge Business Forum
Our next business forum is scheduled for 09:00 – 10:30 on Wednesday 6 December, at the Permit Control Office on Holyrood Street. Spaces are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. If you would like to attend the event please RSVP to email@example.com.
Christmas 2017 – resources to help your business prepare
Keep your staff and visitors up to date with the line closures this Christmas and New Year by downloading our business toolkit. Follow the links below to download resources for display in your office or for use in your internal and external communications.
- A poster to display around the office
- A leaflet explaining the changes
- Ticket acceptance maps for Southeastern and Thameslink
- Christmas closures Q&A
- A web and social media friendly animation highlighting the closures
- Suggested web and social media copy
- Social media friendly postcards in landscape and portrait
- Suggested text for internal communications
- Digital copies of walking maps of the Victoria, Blackfriars and Waterloo East and London Bridge station areas
Keep your staff and visitors updated
- Visit our travel advice page to check how your home or destination station will be affected
- If you have social media accounts or regular newsletters, please help us widen our reach by pushing this information out through those channels
- Make the information available through your internal communications channels
- Display our information leaflets and posters in your office/reception area
- Encourage staff to sign up for passenger email or SMS alerts at ThameslinkProgramme.co.uk and follow us on Twitter and Instagram
- If your business is affected, update the ‘find us’ section on your website
- If you have any events within these dates, make sure the information is flagged on the event page or when people are buying tickets