Always check before you travel for any engineering work.
Read more about what these changes mean for you in our Closures in 2017 leaflet.
August bank holiday
There will be significant work over the August 2017 bank holiday and the four working days after.
Between Saturday 26 August to Saturday 2 September (including the four working days after the bank holiday) there will be:
- No Southeastern trains to or from Charing Cross, Waterloo East and London Bridge.
- No Southeastern trains to or from Cannon Streets on Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 August
- No Southeastern trains to or from Blackfriars on Monday 28 and Saturday 2 September
- A reduced Southern service to or from London Bridge on Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 August
- No Southeastern trains to Victoria, trains will go into Charing Cross, Cannon Street and Blackfriars on Sunday 3 September
There will be fewer trains into London, they will be diverted to alternative stations and they will be extremely busy. Some stations will have queueing systems in place. Your tickets will be accepted on alternative routes.
For more information on which London terminals will be open, please read this ‘Getting into and out of London from your station’ leaflet.
Start considering your plan B:
Travel outside of peak times, work from home (if possible) or use alternative routes.
You will need to change your journey so please keep this in mind when booking holidays and planning ahead.
Read more about what these changes mean for you in our August 2017- line closures leaflet
Between 5 and 28 August 2017, fewer trains will run in and out of London Waterloo. This includes the busiest times of the day – the morning and evening peaks.
Platforms 1-4 will be extended so longer ten-carriage trains can stop at suburban stations for the first time. This will provide thousands of extra seats every day. Platforms 1-9 will be closed throughout this time so the work can be carried out. During this time, there will still be fewer services.
For more information, please visit www.southwesttrains.co.uk/wswupgrade