New class 700 trains began operating on the Bedford to Brighton route in July 2016 and are now also operating on Southern and Great Northern services.
Key benefits of the new trains:
- Higher capacity – new trains are longer with 8 or 12 carriages, providing more capacity into central London at the busiest times
- Quicker journeys – new trains are more energy efficient, allowing faster breaking and acceleration
- Better reliability – new trains are lighter, resulting in less wear to the track
- More space – new trains have wider doors, aisles and more luggage space
- Accessibility – new trains have improved access for passengers with reduced mobility
- Live travel information – on all new trains, to help with your onward journey
- Climate control – in all carriages on new trains
- New station information screens – at Thameslink platforms in central London and on platforms 4 and 5 at London Bridge.