As part of the Thameslink Programme you’ll benefit from a new fleet of 115 spacious, longer and more energy-efficient Class 700 trains delivered by Siemens. Class 700 trains began operating on the Bedford to Brighton route in July 2016 and are now also operating on Southern and Great Northern services.
Key benefits of Class 700 trains:
- Higher capacity – longer trains with 8 or 12 carriages, providing more capacity into central London at the busiest times
- Quicker journeys – trains are more energy efficient, allowing faster breaking and acceleration
- Better reliability – trains are lighter, resulting in less wear to the track
- More space – trains have wider doors, aisles and more luggage space
- Accessibility – improved access for passengers with reduced mobility
- Live travel information – to help with your onward journey
- Climate control – in all carriages
- New station information screens – at Thameslink platforms in central London and on platforms 4 and 5 at London Bridge.