This case study and document covers the main works of the London Bridge Station Main Works comprising the demolition and construction associated with:
Early demolition works:
- Arch 77 lift works,
- Bermondsey Street temporary car park and attenuation tank
- Temporary service lift to track level
- Site set up.
Main demolition works:
- Phased demolition of the arches, platforms and track bed
- Construction of main concourse area, new viaducts, track slab, platforms, canopy’s and associated mechanical & electrical works
- Construction of back of house and service yard areas with associated mechanical and electrical works.
The document should be read in conjunction with the London Bridge Main Works Traffic Management Plan TMP (N420-COT-ERP-HW-00003).
Section 106 requirements
This document addresses the requirements of parts 4.1 and 4.2 of the Section 106 document including:
- Details of phasing and methodology
- Working hours and timing of deliveries to/from site
- Construction traffic routes
- Delivery of construction materials and removal of construction waste by rail
- Temporary road closure orders or diversions
- Interface between the development, the Shard and London Bridge
- Temporary way-finding signage
- Measures necessary to ensure the continued provision of bus and taxi services, including:
- Timing and nature of the proposed Thameslink Viaduct works and associated road closures and diversions
- The timetable relating to and nature of the proposed Bus Liaison Officers Group
- The timing and re-provision of bus stands and bus stops necessary as a result of any road closure, in particular not limited to bus route 381
- The timing and detail of any proposal to restrict alter or stop access to London Bridge Station by buses for any period of time.
- Publicity requirements
- Measures to ensure the safety of the public
- Measures to monitor construction traffic impacts
- Measures to mitigate against the effects of the development works on site.