Check before you travel this early May bank holiday
Please be reminded to check before you travel this weekend, as work continues on the Thameslink Programme and maintenance work takes place across the route.
Between Saturday 29 April and Monday 1 May, installation of switches and crossings on the tracks approaching London Bridge will affect Southern and Thameslink services. There will be no trains between London Bridge and Tulse Hill, with some services diverted into London Victoria.
On 29 April, necessary maintenance work near New Cross will mean no Southeastern services between Cannon Street and Dartford via Greenwich and Woolwich, and on 30 April trains will not run between Dartford and London Victoria via Bexleyheath. On Monday 1 May, there will be no Southeastern trains running to or from Cannon Street station and a reduced service will run to and from Charing Cross.
Also on 1 May, maintenance work will take place between Hither Green and Petts Wood, affecting Southeastern passengers on this part of the railway.
You can check before travelling at www.nationalrail.co.uk, or www.southernrailway.com, www.thameslinkrailway.com and www.southeasternrailway.co.uk. In addition, they can follow our work on Twitter with the hashtag #MayBHWorks .
Saturday 29 April
- There will be no trains between New Cross and Dartford, via Greenwich and Woolwich. Replacement buses will be available.
Sunday 30 April
- Lewisham station is closed. There will be no trains between New Cross and Dartford via Bexleyheath. Replacement buses will be available. Replacement buses will also be running from Gillingham to Faversham and Sittingbourne to Sheerness.
Monday 1 May
- There are no trains between Cannon Street and New Cross or Charlton. All trains will divert to and from Charing Cross. Replacement buses will be running from Lewisham to Orpington via Grove Park with Ramsgate/Dover services diverted to Victoria.
- There may be changes to this. The latest information will be available on our website or from National Rail Enquiries.
- Buses will replace trains between London Bridge and Streatham Common
- Buses replace trains between Three Bridges and Horsham.
- On Sunday and Monday, buses replace trains between Haywards Heath and Lewes and between Lewes and Polegate / Seaford.
- On Sunday buses will also replace trains between Lewes and Brighton.
- There will be a reduced service between London Victoria and Brighton / Epsom.
- The following alterations will also apply on the routes to / from London Bridge:
- West Croydon (via Streatham Common) – trains will run half hourly between Streatham Common and West Croydon.
- Tattenham Corner (via Crystal Palace) – trains will run half hourly between Tulse Hill and Tattenham Corner.
- London Victoria – trains will run between London Victoria and Beckenham Junction.
- Uckfield – trains will run between East Croydon and Uckfield.
Customers travelling to / from London Bridge via Sydenham are advised to use London Underground between London Bridge and Canada Water and London Overground between Canada Water and Crystal Palace / West Croydon.
On Saturday no Thameslink service will operate between London Bridge and Brighton. 1 service an hour will run between Bedford and Brighton will call additionally at Balcombe. If you intend to travel between these destinations, you should use Thameslink services from London Blackfriars. There will also be some additional changes to overnight services on Sunday and Monday.
- Gatwick Express trains will run half hourly as follows:
- Trains will depart London Victoria on the hour and 30 minutes past.
- Trains will depart Gatwick Airport at 20 minutes and 50 minutes past.