Farringdon: London’s newest transport hub arriving in 2018
Today marks another milestone for Farringdon station, which will connect Thameslink, Crossrail and London Underground, as Crossrail completes its tunnelling phase.
When Crossrail and expanded Thameslink services arrive in 2018, Farringdon will provide direct links to three major international airports (Gatwick, Heathrow and Luton) and St Pancras International.
Our work at Farringdon station included:
- the creation of a new ticket hall dedicated to Thameslink and future Crossrail passengers
- extending platforms for 12 carriage trains to use
- refurbishing the London Underground entrance
- a new concourse on Turnmill Street linking onto a new footbridge and the refurbished original London Underground entrance
- extending the roof to allow passengers to use the full length of the platforms
- the installation of five new lifts to make Farringdon step-free for the first time
To find out more about the completion of Crossrail’s tunnelling marathon, please visit the Crossrail website.