Going to an event this August?
This bank holiday, if you are travelling by rail to a sports match or entertainment event, we advise you check before you travel as our work to rebuild London Bridge may affect your journey.
There is an amended train timetable running from Saturday 23 to Sunday 31 August 2014
- No First Capital Connect or Southern services will run to, from or through London Bridge
- Southeastern services will run normally but may be busy
- London Overground will not operate to and from New Cross from Tuesday 26 to Friday 29 August (services will run on the bank holiday, Monday 25 August)
Some stations and lines across London and the south east including Southeastern, London Underground and London Overground will be busier.
Plan your journey
Alternative routes are available but journeys may take longer so please leave plenty of time and plan ahead with your train operators
For a reminder of planned disruption sign up for emails or text alerts.
What events are affected?
If you are travelling by train to any of the below events make sure you plan ahead.
- Rugby League Challenge Cup Final (23 August)
- Chelsea v Leicester (23 August)
- Crystal Palace v West Ham (23 August)
- Millwall v Rotherham Utd (23 August)
- Brighton and Hove Albion v Bolton Wanderers (23 August)
- Notting Hill Carnival (24-25 August)
- England v India, Bristol (25 August)
- England v India, Cardiff (27 August)
- England v India, Nottingham (30 August)
- Millwall v Blackpool (30 August)
- Brighton and Hove Albion v Charlton Athletic (30 August)
- Newcastle v Crystal Palace (30 August)
- SW4 (23-24 August)
Other event across London and the south east affected, please check before you travel.