Passenger communications evolution
- To promote the scale and impact of Thameslink Programme and it’s benefits across London and the South East in order that passengers, commuters, stakeholders and media understand the transformative impact and the long term benefits of the programme and accept the necessary disruption.
- Working with partners including Train Operating Companies and Transport for London to change commuter behaviour to minimise the impact of programme disruption to help passengers have a better experience during the works.
- Promote Network Rail and partners delivery of a critical £7bn London & South East infrastructure programme in order to build trust in competent, timely and efficient delivery.
- Minimise reputation risk to Thameslink Programme, Network Rail and all partners.
Presenting collateral as a coordinated single voice, representing all partners, to:
- Bring to life the transformative impact of Thameslink Programme on north – south cross London travel by delivering an integrated, pro-active campaign promoting the benefits, impacts and milestones of the Thameslink Programme.
- Improve the understanding and awareness of Thameslink Programme with an objective of people accepting the disruption and supporting the long term investment.
Original key messages
- The Thameslink Programme: Transforming north–south travel through London
- New spacious trains every 2 to 3 minutes through central London
- Improved connections give better travel options to more destinations
- New track and modern trains for more reliable journeys
- Rebuilding London Bridge with more space, making it easy to use, with great facilities
- Connecting Thameslink and Crossrail to create a brand new rail hub at Farringdon giving direct links to three major international airports and St Pancras International.
- Rail services to and through London Bridge station are changing:
- Please keep checking for the latest updates (by visiting the Thameslink Programme website)
- There will be knock-on effects across London and the South East
- Know your travel options at times of disruption (by visiting the National Rail Enquiries or TfL websites)
- Please bear with us. We’re transforming one of Europe’s most congested railways whilst keeping it running – this will be challenging, we’re working hard to minimise the impact on you.