An award winning approach to Social Sustainability
Delivering a sustainable Thameslink Programme
Putting local communities at the heart of decision-making has been important to the successful delivery of Thameslink Programme. All our projects have been required to have stakeholder engagement and community relations plans in place. Our CSP Consents Managers work closely with our Community Relations team to manage our communications, identify and issue timely pre-notifications of works and to manage and respond to complaints.
Thameslink Programme’s award-winning approach to social sustainability has benefited thousands of people living near to our major projects and beyond. Alongside more than 29 contractors and suppliers, Thameslink Programme has:
- Created hundreds of job, apprenticeship and training opportunities for local people of all ages
- Improved parks and open spaces so that they are more pleasant places
- Supported local charities, artists and fundraising projects.
Key achievements from Key Output 2
- 193 job opportunities shared with people around major works
- 88 apprenticeships in London
- 15 NVQs (level 1 or 2) gained by unemployed Southwark residents
- 88 short courses completed by unemployed Southwark residents
- 87 certified construction skills courses completed by people wanting to enter the industry
- 66 previously unemployed Southwark residents entered and remained in work for at least 6 months
- £82,000 Charity fundraising & donations.