Limited service at London Bridge on Saturday 6 & Sunday 7 July 2013
On Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 July a limited train service will call at London Bridge station as Thameslink Programme works take place.
The TfL bus station directly outside London Bridge station will also be closed and taxis will temporarily use ranks on Tooley Street.
Changes to train services
- No Southern trains will call at London Bridge over the weekend. If you want to get to London Bridge you can travel to South Bermondsey for a local bus service or travel to London Victoria and continue journeys by bus or tube.
- On Saturday and Sunday, buses will run every 5 minutes between New Cross and New Cross Gate. Customers are advised to travel on Southeastern trains between New Cross and London Bridge.
- First Capital Connect trains will be diverted and will not call at London Bridge. Trains will call at Elephant & Castle, allowing you to change onto the Northern Line to London Bridge underground station.
- On Sunday 7 July, First Capital Connect trains which usually run between Bedford and East Croydon will only run between Bedford and London Blackfriars.
- Southeasten services to and from London Bridge will be running normally over the weekend.
Please check National Rail Enquiries before you travel.
Bus station closure and changes to taxi pick ups
- The TfL bus station directly outside the station will be closed. This will allow Network Rail to install equipment needed to construct the new viaduct coming into the station from Borough Market.
- Buses will be use different bus stops over the weekend. You can find more information about how your bus journey will be affected here.
- Taxis will use temporary taxi ranks on Tooley Street and staff will be available to direct you from the bus station.
We are working to minimise the impact of our work on passengers. There will be times, usually during bank holidays and on some weekends, when services will be impacted.
We will keep you informed of our work. You can also sign up to updates on this website.